2 oz. Black Powder Rocket Kit
2-oz. black powder rockets are easy to make with this kit.
Each kit contains everything needed to make 40 black powder rockets.
- Potassium Nitrate, 1 pound (#CH5300)
- Airfloat Charcoal, 1 pound (#CH8068)
- 80 mesh Charcoal, 1 pound (#CH8066)
- Sulfur, 1 pound (#CH8315)
- 2 oz. Parallel Tubes, 40 (#TU1008)
- Bentonite Clay, 1 pound (#CH8078)
- Visco Fuse, 20 feet (#GN1008)
- 3/8th-inch (2 oz.) Black Powder Rocket Toolset (#TL1202)
You save 20% off the retail prices of the individual components when you buy this kit.
You can use hand-mixed black powder with this kit (but be sure and follow our project instructions closely). You definitely do not need a ball mill.
If you're going to hand-mix your black powder rocket fuel, you'll need a mixing screen--40-mesh is ideal. If you don't already have one, you can add one to your order. For hand-mixed BP, you'll also need a blade-type coffee mill (cheap at WalMart).
Now, if you want to make black powder easier, faster, and with less work, a ball mill is the way to go (use lead balls to mill your BP). You can definitely crank out more BP with far less work and hassle this way.
You can fly your black powder rockets day or night, with or without a heading. Flying Fish fuse and Falling Leaves fuse make great, light-weight headings.
Click here to see how to make the 2 oz. Black Powder Rocket.